Preferred Supplier: Capture 100% of the Business from Existing
Customers – Cross-Selling and Relationship Development
Bottom Line Impact:
• More Sales, Faster, with
Better Pricing and Profitability
• Eliminate Bidding
• Avoid Pricing Squeezes
• Overcome the No Budget Issues
• Competitive Advantage
• Roadmap and Sponsoring of New Product Development
This is a process for building an interactive, ongoing
business plan with your existing customers. Current clients
are the easiest place to prospect and the easiest to close
for more sales of the same or other services you can offer.
They will also indicate what new products to develop and
will most likely support the effort in any number of ways.
However, these clients have to see your company as a
resource to help them do a better job with their customers.
Therefore a conscious effort must be made to build a
partnership through senior (C-Suite) managers in order to be
seen as special rather than a commodity. This process shows
how to build win-win plans together and what to do to keep
them current and on track.
• Interviews and Research
Required to Understand the Account
• Framing the Clients State of Affairs As It Relates to Your
• Building Strategies and Objectives
• Building Plans/Programs/Investments to Accomplish the
• Determining Revenue Potential and Forecast of Sales
• Meeting Venues, Process and Agenda
• Team Approach – Customer’s
team is prepared and Seller’s team is customer focused
• State of the Customer – Customer makes sellers strengths,
weaknesses, and role clear
• State of the Seller – Expectations for future sales are
• Small Group Workshop – Process of building the plan
• Focus that customers demand
attention in a structured manner in order to grow their
• Different parts of the same company need different
business plans and focused attention.
• Structured method to build the business plan, get the
right people involved and produce agreement as to
responsibilities and schedules.
• Systematic approach to move from commodity to preferred
supplier to consultant, and if you choose, the level of
resources to make it happen.
• Pre-workshop conference is
conducted with teams – sales, ops, tech, support, etc. for
specific customers. All are then required to interview and
research aspects of the client.
• Concepts are presented to the group. Clients are
encouraged to participate. Participants build the plan with
their team. Then, the whole group debriefs on issues, and
• Group size - up to 30 people preferred. Small teams – 5-7
• Program materials include workbook and worksheets
(computerized), book and CD.